Blowing the Whistle from Mongolia
Full recording and transcript of call with Calvert Foundation.
1. See www.kiva.org/partners/20.
2. Press releases section of MicroRate website, August 2009.
3. Or, more accurately, the “expiration” of its rating. LAPO’s own rebuttal to the press release referred to it three times as a withdrawal, so I use LAPO’s term. The LAPO response to MicroRate’s press release is available on book website.
4. Lift Above Poverty Organization (LAPO), Nigeria (Dakar: Planet Rating, 2009). The Planet Rating LAPO report is available at
9. See also LAPO press release subsequently removed from LAPO website.
18. Receipt of $25 investment in Calvert Foundation.
19.Complaint to Calvert Foundation
20. All photos are on the book website. ASN Novib’s is visible online, on p.19 of the February 2008 Spaarmotief magazine on the ASN website, www.asnbank.nl/blob.asp?id=13844; screenshots from the NOTS Foundation and Calvert/MicroPlace websites appear on book website; Calvert Foundation’s photo can be seen on www.flickr.com/photos/7746754@N05/1640836254/.
21. Calvert Foundation response to letter of complaint.
22. She was promoted to president and CEO in 2011.
23. The video was recently removed from www.financialserv.edgeboss.net , but is available here.
If you can't watch the video, download it from here
24. See the second paragraph of page 2 of his testimony, available at www.house.gov/apps/list/hearing/financialsvcs_dem/hr_012110.shtml.
25. The video was recently removed from www.financialserv.edgeboss.net , but is available here., see footnote 10.23 above.
26. Robert Pouliot, “Governance, Transparency, and Accountability in the Microfinance Investment Fund Industry,” in Ingrid Matthäus-Maier and J.D. von Pischke, eds., Microfinance Investment Funds: Leveraging Private Capital for Economic Growth and Poverty Reduction (Berlin: Springer-Verlag, 2007), p. 150.
27. The video was recently removed from www.financialserv.edgeboss.net , but is available here., see footnote 10.23 above.